At SHINE, we’re enriched by our community and the home it provides for our company and our employees. We believe everyone has a responsibility to give back to their community and ensure it remains as strong and healthy as possible. SHINE’s Community Engagement Program was developed to enrich the Janesville and Rock County communities and to strengthen SHINE’s relationships within them.
When considering opportunities for engagement with the community, we prioritize opportunities that are at the intersection of:
1) Greatest need/effectiveness
- What are the greatest needs in the community?
- How can SHINE’s resources have the greatest impact?
2) Highest visibility
3) SHINE’s mission and interests
In alignment with SHINE’s mission to be the world leader in the safe, clean, affordable production of medical isotopes, we favor engagement opportunities that
- Promote nuclear and STEM education
- Protect and improve the environment, or
- Complement our mission by helping to eradicate heart disease and cancer.